Thursday, January 7, 2010

Waiting for the Little Miss

I realized this week that I have not taken one picture of myself pregnant this time around...mostly because I don't really like looking at myself pregnant (does anyone?) but I felt bad, so here I am at 36 weeks in all my belly glory. I think I am smaller than I was with Davis, but maybe its just because I am used to being pregnant this time. Don't get me wrong, I feel HUGE, but it just doesn't seem quite as bad this time. I found out at my Dr.'s appointment this week that she is probably breech, or at least transverse so I am getting an ultrasound on Monday to determine her position for sure. Then, we have to decide when to try to turn her. I think we are going to wait until the end, but we will see what the Dr. says. I am thinking lots of 'head down' thoughts as I really really don't want a c-section. Keep your fingers crossed! I am pretty ready for her to get here, though. I am a big whiner about the last month of pregnancy and I pretty much HATE it! Plus, I am just excited to meet this little girl. I can't wait for her to get here!

I have had lots of requests to post pictures of the baby's room. I am just about finished (finally!) so here they are. I have been a little obsessed with this room and have had so much fun putting it together. I made pretty much everything and it has been fun to see how 'cheaply' I could do it! I got lots of stuff from Goodwill and re-purposed or re-did it. I made all the bedding and it was a lot of sewing 'firsts' for me, and with some trial and error I am really happy with how everything turned out. I have to give Steve a lot of credit, too. The pictures don't really show the wall detail, but he did all the molding work/painting (I did help, but he was the mastermind and master laborer) how I had envisioned it and it turned out so well. He is really getting pretty handy around the house! I love how willing he is to turn all my ideas into reality. What a trooper. It's funny because the room is pretty small and now that I go in there and it is all finished, it looks pretty simple to me and I can't believe how much work and time went into it! But, I am really happy with the results. I just can't wait until we have a baby to put in there!






15 comments:

Julie Kaye said...

Pretty Dang cute Summs! You are so talented, and gonna love every minute of having a girl!! I am just about ready to start a outfir blog for Sydnee....just to post how much I love dressing her!! Good luck on the last 4 weeks!

Daniel & Shandi said...

I want to come live in her bedroom. It's darling!!!! She is going to be so cute! I can't wait to meet her too. :) You better come show her off to the whole family. =0)

Jylaire said...

You are darling and the room is too! You did a fantastic job! Can't wait to see pics of the little Miss!

Eric and Allana said...

SUPER CUTE!!

Kels said...

LOVE your cute room! You are so talented! And I love the name Emery. That was on my short list for baby names for Brecken too. I have one of my FAVE swaddling blankets to send you sometime soon too. Sorry I'm not as talented as you and I will not be making your gift :) Brecken is starting to like your present and be interested in it, so I give it to her alot when she's laying on the floor playing.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

I love her room! I love the vinyl above the crib, it is so sweet! and you are such a cute pregnant girl! I am jealous! you only looked like you swallowed a basketball! :) Good luck! we are excited for yoU!

Karen said...

wow sums, you have been busy. I do not sew well. I wish I did. It brings back memories of you making new pillows, lots, for you bed at Cherry House. I wish I had your talent! way to go!

Tukuafu's said...

I don't think I knew that you had a name picked.. LOVE IT! You look amazing as usual! Can't wait to meet the new babe! Love you guys!

P.s. LOVE her room! :)

Danielle Strong said...

Love the cute baby room, great job. Look like you had lots of fun doing it too.

Tiff said...

Way cute!!

Kaylene said...

So fun for you! It all looks amazing, of coarse! :) You are one talented woman...I'm very impressed! And, you look great! I think you make a very cute little pregnant woman. :)

I love all the new posts, by the way...and loving that you've done so many! Cute pictures and loved hearing about all your fun holiday celebrations. Good luck with the next few weeks! :) Love you guys!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

You look so good Summer! Especially for being 36 weeks! I'm really excited to see pictures of Little Miss =). I love her room too, so dang cute!

Unknown said...

you look darling as does your baby's room! Can you come help me decorate my house?

Jeffrey and Monica said...

Oh my gosh Summer, her room is beautiful! You did an amazing job! And you look great at 37 weeks preggo!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

oh my!!! I totally need to come see this in person. I see you got your quilt finished how cooL!!!
I LOVE the decorated hanging lampshades, such a cool idea!