Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just Me and 'D'

So last week Steve was out of town (he had a training class in New York so after our vacation there I came home and he stayed for his class). I just have to say I don't know how you moms do it that have husbands that travel a lot. It is lonely and so hard to never have a break from the child! Thankfully, we survived without too many mishaps and we are so glad to have Steve back from his trip.

I went back to work yesterday, so the summer is officially over for me. It has been a great summer...we have enjoyed the sun and outdoors and I have had a great time spending lots of time with Davis. I had a long to-do list of things I wanted to accomplish during my time off and still had several of them left last week which was my last week off. Since Steve was gone I took advantage of the time and went crazy cleaning out the house. I think he was worried he'd come home and have no clothes left cause I would have cleaned out his closet! I did leave his closet alone, but I cleaned out our basement, made a toy room for Davis and cleaned out Davis' room. I love purging my house. It is the best feeling. I know where everything is and it is all organized and wonderful. Love it. I know, I'm a weirdo!

Carrie was here for our friend Erin's wedding this last weekend and it was great to see her. I didn't take one picture but maybe she will send me some of hers. We had a really fun get together on Saturday and Tepoe even came. It was great to have the old roomates together. Love those girls!

It was so fun to have girls night out with the girls from the ward on Friday night...thanks girls for a great dinner, great conversation and for Jen almost making me pee my pants because she is so funny. We have to do it more often because I love hanging out with you all!

My sister in law, Chelli is leaving to go back to Indiana on Friday. I have had such a fun time with the sisters-in law this summer and I am going to miss her immensely. We had a fun FHE last night and it is always just nice to be together.

4 comments:

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

I'm sad that you're back to work, but I'm sure it'll be a nice change of pace for you. Cute picture of you and Davis, by the way!

Tukuafu's said...

Girls night out was much needed for us-- love you!

Samantha said...

"D" is so cute! He's got so much personality. I think this picture catches him perfectly. You look gorgeous as always too.

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

I hate being alone! I totally felt for you! It was so fun at classic! I love having you as a sister!