A lot of people talk about being sad that the holidays are over...I'm not glad necessarily, but I really like having a new year, purging my house of all the holiday decorations, throwing out all the junk food in my pantry and eating better, etc. I love the holiday decorations, but I also love taking them down-my house feels so clean and fresh! It is also nice to go back to work- (I know I am not supposed to say that, but it is true!!) it is good to be back in the regular routine. I am not really one for making new year's resolutions-I prefer to makes goals year-round. I guess the thing I am really working on right now is getting ready for the Moab Half Marathon in March. Steve and I are both running it-I am so proud of him for wanting to do it and training so hard. I have been doing a lot of weight lifting which I have never really been in to and I am loving that.
We had a really fun New Years Eve. We went to our friends, the Gardners, and they threw a great party. I did really well through Christmas not eating too much (being sick helped!) but New Years Eve did me in. The food was so good and we ate way too much! Steve had to work on New Years Day since they have year end going on, so he missed out on all that football!
We wish you all a very happy 2008. Happy New Year!
2 comments:
yeah! I'm glad you guys are doing the Moab Half again. My sister and I will be joining you for the first time this year! I guess I better start running again though or both of you will beat me out in the first mile! happy trails!
Jen wants to do a mini marathon in April and I think that she should give it a go. I would say I would do it with her, but I am not sure about that yet! :)
Post a Comment