
I stole this picture from my friend Sharon's blog since I was too lazy to find my own-but I love it! They have got to be the cutest couple. We tried to go to President Hinckley's viewing on Friday, but waited until the afternoon and after waiting in line for over 2 hours and the wait was about another 2 hours, we had to leave before we got to see him. It was incredible the amount of people that were there to pay their final respects to their prophet. After watching President Hinckley's funeral yesterday I have been thinking incessantly about him and my feelings for him and the gospel. I just feel so blessed and lucky to have lived at the time that he served as the prophet of our church. What an incredible man and an incredible example he has set. As we watched the funeral yesterday I just thought about how amazing his commitment to the Lord and the gospel was. Although he was not a martyr for the church, he truly gave his life for it and to it. He did so many incredible things during his time as prophet. 50 temples dedicated in one year, not to mention many many many other things. Amazing. He is an example to me as I strive to be more dedicated and commited to my beliefs. President Hinckley truly was the prophet of God and I love him, respect him, and am so thankful to Heavenly Father for the time we had to learn from him. He will be greatly missed.
3 comments:
What a lovely tribute, I really like the picture because I think it shows what a close relationship he had with his wife and it touches my heart that they are reunited again and probably having a grand time with the work in Heaven. Thank you so much for Dallin's gift he was really excited, can't wait to see you all again. Luv- Chell
I love the picture and everything you had to say! I also love the new look. It's so cute!!
We were with you waiting in that line on Friday. Wasn't the entire experience so motivating and humbling? You put it so well.
Post a Comment