Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, the holidays! I have to say that I am loving the Christmas season this year, mostly because Davis actually is understanding the concepts of celebrating and Santa and giving, etc. It makes it so much fun and so magical. I can't get enough.

I have felt a little behind and am still trying to get everything done to be ready for Christmas. Steve has been super busy at work and since he had a few days off around Thanksgiving I talked him into putting up some molding in our dining room which turned out to be a huge painting project for me! Our deal was if he did the molding, I would paint. For some reason that molding is so time consuming to paint plus I had to prime since we had a darker color in there, and try to take care of my kids in the midst of it. It just ended up taking me what seemed like a week and put me more behind in my Christmas preparations! BUT, I love love love how it turned out and actually like to be in that room now. It is lovely. All of this is besides the point....we really did have such a nice Thanksgiving and here are a couple of pictures of our fabulous day.

A bunch of cute crazy kids ready for some Thanksgiving dinner

Davis and his best buddies Max and Josh (bad picture, sorry!). We carpool with Max to preschool so we get to spend a lot of quality time with him in the car! Davis and Max's conversations seriously crack me up.

The guys doing what guys do best on Thanksgiving...watching football of course!

Our lovely hostess, Cynthia. We had an amazing meal!
I think my very favorite part of Thanksgiving was shopping on black Friday! Jen, Cynthia and I stayed up all night shopping (this was my first time doing some real black friday shopping) and we seriously had such a good time and got such great deals. We divided and conquered those stores-great parking spots, got seriously lucky with short lines and found everything we wanted. We only got in one small fight with a really mean lady in line behind us who obviously needed a huge dose of some Christmas spirit and also met a bunch of really fun nice people. It was a good time. I can't wait to do it again next year.



2 comments:

Kaylene said...

How fun!!! I love to read your blog and see what you guys are doing! :) Love you guys! :)

Samantha said...

Black Friday shopping sounds like an awesome girls night out. So jealous! I miss you guys so much.