Sunday, March 21, 2010

My New Best Friend

Alright, you already know that I LOVE cycling. Not the outside kind...I did enough of that on my mission to last me a lifetime. Somehow riding a bike with my skirt tucked into my knee-hi nylons so it wouldn't get stuck in the chain in REALLY HOT, REALLY HUMID weather with sweat running down my face (and other unmentionable areas) and wearing a super ugly helmet and being chased by mangy street dogs (although seeing my companion, Hermana Youngquist being chased by said dogs is a priceless memory I can never forget!!) for 6 months straight ruined my love of riding a bike outside. Anyway, I will stick to the inside, super calorie burning, best workout ever kind of cycling. I love it. We went to visit my brother and his lovely, personal trainer of a wife in December. Well, she has a spin bike at home and I thought I was in heaven getting to ride right in their living room every day I was there. Steve thought it was pretty great too and we have really been wanting to have some sort of in-home workout option (since we ran out of room on the moving truck when we came to Kentucky and left our super-ghetto craigslist treadmill in Utah). So, we decided to invest in this beauty:

I just have to say it is the best thing ever. It is so hard to get to the gym right now when I am getting no sleep and have a little baby and I can barely get through the day as it is! Anyway, being able to get up and walk downstairs and spin in my very own house...well, a dream come true! Steve built a stand for a TV yesterday and we cleaned out our storage room last week with new shelves (also a life changer going from piles of boxes and rubbermaids to organized shelves with everything labeled and I actually know where everything is!!) so now we have a lovely workout set up. Oh, happiness!!
I do realize I am a little crazy to write a long post about a bike, but what can I say? I'm excited!!

2 comments:

Kaylene said...

I am so happy to hear you have yet another new member of the family that makes life just that much better! :) Sounds quite ideal for you...I'm a little jealous! Enjoy the workouts!

Daniel and Marian said...

thanks for the mention :) those were some scary dogs, and it's funny to remember that the way we got them to stop chasing us was by slowing down! Who knew?? :) Glad to see you're doing so well with your two adorable ones!