Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wright Family Reunion in Texas

We found out my parents were going to visit Micah and Christie in Texas so we called and invited ourselves to come too! We decided better to try and make the drive before we have 2 kids to fight! When Jonah found out we were going he decided to come too. It was so much fun. It has been a long time since we have all been together and I was just so happy to see my family and get to spend time with them. It was definitely worth the drive! Plus, we got to meet Micah and Christie's baby, Grant for the first time and see my Grandpa and Grandma Wright and my Aunt Janice. It was such a great week.

Christie took my mom and I shopping at Sam Moon and we found these fabulous shoes. (yes the socks are actually attached to the shoes). I think she looks great!

Although there weren't any kids for Davis to play with, he sure enjoyed the time with his Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt and Uncles. He recruited everyone to play with him, build train tracks and read books. They were all good sports and spent lots of quality time with him. He loved every second (don't mind the underwear shot!).
Whenever Grant was awake, Davis wanted to 'hold it' (for some reason he hasn't figured out baby gender yet and calls all babies 'it'). He keeps saying how he loves Grant (I don't think Grant is so sure!). They are the first Wright cousins. I don't see much resemblance...kind of like Micah and I!


A shot of 4 generations. I am so glad that we got to see Grandpa and Grandma while we were there.

The whole fam.

Davis couldn't get enough of his uncles.

We left to drive home on the 15th, Davis' birthday, so Aunt Christie and Uncle Micah made cupcakes for him before we left. He ate them and then asked where his presents were. I think he has this birthday thing down!
Thanks for a wonderful, spontaneous family reunion, Wright family! We love you all so much and are so grateful that we were able to spend time with you. Can't wait for next time!

2 comments:

Karen said...

How fun! You have such a great family and while the cousins may not look alike, you and your sibs definitely come from your parents. Tell Micah congrats on the little guy! love his hair!

Kaylene said...

This totally made me cry! ;) I wish I was there to see all my favorite people! So glad you got to have fun and enjoy each other. Good for all of you! :) Love you all. You're looking great by the way, I can't believe you're that close! :) Yeah!