Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wow, I have not blogged forever. I do have a sort of good excuse...we got a new computer for Christmas and it has taken me awhile to get everything switched over, then we were having problems with the internet working but we finally got a router this weekend and got the internet worked out. However now I can't get my camera to download to this computer. So, still now pictures but as soon as I get it working I will do a holidays update. We have been spending all of our spare time looking for houses and being a little frustrated about it, but I think we have some good leads this week so we will see how it goes. Hopefully we can find the right thing for us...SOON!

An update on our car drama...the company that shipped our car broke off the mirror and we didn't know it but there was a $250 deductible so we ended up having to pay for most of it. Unfortunately that was the least of our problems. A few weekends ago, right after we got the car back from the shippers, we drove down to Nashville for some business stuff that Steve had to do down there. Well, our clutch went out about 30 miles outside of Nashville. Someone from the division down there had to come get us, we had our car towed to the dealership and then after going through all the channels that we could, Nissan refused to cover the clutch even though the car only has 18,000 miles on it and is under warranty. They consider it a 'wear and tear item'. So, well, that just stinks. It was a ton of money to get it fixed. I still can't believe that they wouldn't cover it. We will never buy another Nissan. They weren't even willing to listen to us or give us any options. I pretty much hate them. Yes, I am bitter! I can't believe that much can go wrong with one car in such a short amount of time. At least we have it all back in one piece and it drives!

6 comments:

Kels said...

I will be in Louisville the 1st-13th of Feb. Way too long if you ask me! But anyway, would love to see you! I do have a hotel, just not sure where it's at, I just know it's an Embassy Suites. I also know they make us do a volunteer activity on Saturday morning over the weekend. Levi might come up for the weekend too, because I think we might have frequent miles he could use. So we'll see.

Camie said...

SUMMER!! I'm sorry that just stinks!! Stupid cars anyway!! Hope things get better and you find the house of your dreams!! Miss ya!

Shannon said...

What a bummer! Sounds like you need to get rid of THAT car... always my solution, anyway! :) Hope you get things worked out! And... thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm so excited that I now keep up with you and what you are doing! :)

Jill Larsen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your car dilema (at least you aren't driving a reciept). Hope all works out. I sure miss you all and look forward to seeing you at the end of the month!

Cinderella Mom said...

What is Mom talking about driving a receipt? rental?? Love her! I am sorry that has been so crappy cars do stink!! I am glad you are here though. I posted to Megan & Jake today for you, they just came back from Hawaii.... wish I was them!

Kaylene said...

That sucks for you! So sorry about it all! Wishing you the best with the house hunting... Keep that chin up. I'm missing ya.