Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home?!

Well, we are getting settled in Louisville. We moved in to our apartment on Saturday and I don't think I have ever been so cold. Seriously. They talk about that 'humid, wet' cold and it is serious business. The weather seems pretty variable here. One day so cold I wanted to die and the next really okay. It has been really rainy (like soaking you can't go outside rain) this week. Anyway, several guys in our new ward were nice enough to come freeze and help us move our stuff in. I can't believe how long getting everything put away and liveable takes. It took us 2 days and most of our stuff is in storage. Crazy. But, we are pretty much there and feeling somewhat at home in our cozy apartment. The funny thing is we actually have more space in our living room than we did in our Utah house so it is nice and open. Here is a picture of our lovely apartment (and my rental car...we shipped my car and it still hasn't arrived...it's been 2 1/2 weeks, but who's counting?).

We even got some Christmas decorations up as well as the tree...Davis has done amazingly well leaving it alone. I don't dare put presents underneath as I'm sure they would be opened immediately!


I really liked the ward on Sunday. It will be interesting to see if we end up staying in this ward or not. It was really big and lots of young people (our agish) and LOTS of kids. There are 3 nurseries-18 kids going into sunbeams in January. Yikes. It is really weird not to know anyone-but we have already been recruited to help the missionaries tonight with a discussion and there is the ward Christmas party on Friday so hopefully we can start to get involved. I also applied for a couple of jobs today so we will see how that goes. I can get to Walmart and Target without the GPS and I know the names of all the freeways (just not where they go!) so I am figuring out how to get around. So, we are getting adjusted and enjoying Kentucky!

8 comments:

Natalie J said...

I am glad to hear that you are getting somewhat settled. Your Christmas decorations look so cute. Davis looks cute too, but really worn out in that picture. I hope he has been able to settle back into somewhat of a routine. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Rachel said...

Glad to hear you're getting all settled in there, not so glad to hear about the FREEZING cold! That does not sound fun.
Cute tree and Davis!
Merry Christmas to you and Steve!
I'm sure your ward is going to love you guys, who wouldn't?

Kaylene said...

Your pics are cute! You always have everything all cute, way to be. I'm glad to hear everything is going good...I'd like to hear more about the jobs you applied for...where, etc? :) Good luck with the xmas party and meeting people...that's your specialty. You'll be surrounded by friends soon no doubt. Love ya and miss ya.

Tukuafu's said...

Hi Sweetie! I am glad you are there and safe! Love the decor and your cute apartment. Don't worry about being settled into the ward, they are going to love you like we do! Miss you! Loves!

Camie said...

Sounds like things are going well! Looks like fun decor and apt. Like Jenn & Rachelsaid the ward is going to Love you!! Just like we do!!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

I cannot believe your car has not arrived yet! But hey, you have a receipt! I'm glad you guys are getting settled down and I hope the weather doesn't bug you too much. By the way, we found out today we're having a boy. I find myself thinking that you still live across the street and wonder what you're up to, then I have to remind myself of the sad reality! We miss you guys!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Cold, bitter, humid, biting cold- Welcome to the midwest. I totally understand when you say it was so cold you thought you were going to die! I'm usually enjoying things until after December, but I HATE January through March. You absolutely cannot beat the fall though, it's incredible here. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Cinderella Mom said...

We are so glad that you are here and sure wish that we could come and visit this blasted weather is SO unpleasant. Anyhow it is nice to have you here in time for the holidays we LOVE you guys.