Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Davis!

Monday, December 15th was Davis' 2nd birthday. It is really hard to believe that 2 years have passed since he was born into our family and that he has gone from this sweet tiny baby:
to this adorable, wild, curious, fun, FULL of personality, talkative, full of joy 2 year old boy:
Seriously, where does the time go? We had a fun little party to celebrate his big day. Davis LOVES cars, trucks and pretty much anything with wheels so I was quite proud of this truck cake that I made (thanks to Uncle Sheldon, the king of cute cakes for the idea).

Davis always enjoys a sweet treat (he is constantly asking for 'treat' or 'tandy') and birthday cake and ice cream were no exception.
He had a great time opening his presents. He kept saying 'open it'!
He got some great gifts. I think his 2 favorite presents where the race car track from his Grandma and Grandpa Larsen (all of the kids where fighting over it and he has already played with it for hours) and a book that his Grandma and Grandpa Wright gave him that have their pictures in it. He always wants to look at it and says 'Gma and Bompa'. So cute.
We made ginger bread houses for his party and Steve really got into it. Steve, Jon, Sam and Jenny were the winners of great ginger bread houses.

We were so glad that Keith and Jenny and their cute kids could come celebrate with us. We missed Chelli and her family...there was a really bad ice storm and they couldn't make it-the weather has been crazy since we have been here.
Happy Birthday, Davis! We are so glad that you are a part of our family!

7 comments:

Jylaire said...

Happy Birthday Davis! It seems like he was just born! The time goes by way too quick! We miss you guys!

Natalie J said...

Happy Birthday Davis!! I can't believe he is 2 already. I remember when he was just little. He was the one that got Xander used to the idea of having another baby around. I got your cute Christmas card. Thanks. I didn't get around to getting any made. I am so bad. I hope you guys have a very Happy Kentucky Christmas!

Camie said...

Happy Birthday Davis!! We love and miss you guys!!

Jill Larsen said...

Happy Happy Birthday Davis. I can't believe that you are 2! I'm so glad that you like the racetrack.

Love, Grandma Larsen

Samantha said...

You're cake is awesome! Davis is so cute. He definitely loves cars...I think it runs in the family because Cooper loved them too.

Tiff said...

wow time flies! happy birthday davis!!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

I can't believe Davis is 2! I love the baby picture of him, memories! We miss you guys!