Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kentucky, here we come!

We are moving to Louisville, Kentucky! Steve got an amazing job that we couldn't pass up...it kind of just fell into our laps when we weren't looking for anything...and so we are going! He is going to be working for a company called George Fern who does expo stuff (conventions, events, etc.)...basically he will be the General Manager of a company kind of like Modern Display which he used to work for. It will be really different from the accounting that he is doing now and he is really excited about getting different experience and doing something new. He starts October 20th...we put our house up for sale today and Davis and I will stay here until it sells, unless it takes forever (which we are praying it won't!). We are so sad to leave our family and friends here in Salt Lake, but at the same time we are excited to have a new experience and to be able to live close to Keith and Jenny and Michelle and Christian (Steve's brother and sister and their families). I am glad that we went to visit the fam out there last fall because I really liked Louisville and it made me very open to wanting to live there when this opportunity came up. So, we are busy getting our house ready to sell and all of the fun craziness that comes with a move like this. We'll see how it all goes!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh Summer! I had no idea you guys were moving. ): We'll sure miss you, but it really does sound like a great opportunity and I'm glad you have family there. Good luck and again...wow!

Jylaire said...

I almost cried when Stevers called Matt to tell him! I'm happy if you're happy, but we'll sure miss you! Are you in for playgroup on Friday? Bring Stacy if she wants!

Camie said...

:( I sure am going to miss you guys! It sounds like a great oppurtunity though. Good luck!

Jen said...

Looking forward to you guys coming. How lucky are we to have family actually move out this way? So cool! Good luck with everything!!

Cinderella Mom said...

I am with Jen, we are very excited to have you all move out here! I can't wait to see you in October but until then happy house selling!! Love you!

Tiff said...

oh my heck! that is awesome!! congrats and good luck. you'll be missed!! stay in touch!

Tracie said...

Wow! what a neat experience. We will miss you. But that will be a great experience.

Natalie J said...

I just remembered that I have a couple of cousins in Louisville. On the off chance that they will be in your ward, I will tell you their names. They are Kenn and Ruthann Lewis (Ruthann is my cousin) and Nate Benson. It is always a small world within the church.

Georges said...

Crazy, Summer! I've heard it's beautiful there. Sounds like you're ready to just go for it. What a champ you are!
I hope we see you soon!!

Eric and Allana said...

CONGRATS!! That's SUPER exciting!! Good Luck!

Jill Larsen said...

Although I'm thrilled and excited for you and Steve I can't begin to express how much I'll miss Davis. I may need to pick up an extra class so that I can visit Louisville more often!

Bret and Cherissa Newton said...

Bret and I will miss you guys! It has been fun getting to know you both and hanging out. We will for sure have to visit Kentucky sometime!