Monday, October 15, 2007

A Roomate Reunion in Chicago






I just got back this morning from visiting Carrie Thompson in Chicago. It was such a fun trip and was so wonderful to be able to spend time with her and Lindsay Winkler (we were all roomates at BYU). We missed our other roomate, Tepoe. We stayed with Carrie at her sister, Tina and Brother-in-law, J.J.'s home in the suburbs of Chicago. They were so great to let us crash in on their home and I really enjoyed getting to know them and their cute kids better. The first picture on this post is us at the train station-we missed the train 2 times trying to get to the city, so we spent a lot of time there! We did a lot of shopping, toured around the city, ate yummy Chicago style pizza, and the highlight of trip was attending the Navuoo Temple where Carrie took out her endowments. There is nothing like being in the temple with people that you love! I was so grateful to be there with her! The temple was beautiful and I really enjoyed all the sights in Nauvoo (it was my first time there). It was really amazing to be where Joseph Smith was and learn more about him and that time in the church. It helped me realize (again!) how blessed I am to be a part of the church. So, it was a great vacation and I loved being able to spend time with my wonderful friends. Steve and my mom were so great to take care of Davis while I was gone.

1 comment:

Jeff and Larissa said...

Summer, I can't believe you came to Chicago and didn't visit me!!! Do you know I live close?! It's cool, I bet you had a busy trip.... but you owe me!!!