Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Davis Learns to Ride a Bike

At the end of March, Davis learned to ride a bike! Steve was super frustrated trying to teach him...I was inside one night when they were practicing and Davis comes running in telling me he rode down the street all by himself. When I asked Steve what he did to help Davis figure it out he said he got tired of holding on so he just gave him a big shove and let him go! I guess the moral of this story is just push them when they don't get it:) He has gotten really good really fast and rides around like a maniac. Good thing we live in a pretty secluded culdesac. He wants to go bike riding every day, all the time. He thinks he is big enough now to play with the 12 year olds that live on our street and ride their bikes out together. It makes me laugh but they are really nice to him. He is super proud of himself and I have to say it was kind of a moment for me when he first learned. It is a monumental achievement in a child's life when they learn to ride a bike! That is big stuff!


No comments: